TekTone’s newly released CA016 thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) plastic pull cords may be cleaned repeatedly and retain their original strength. By replacing old braided cords, a facility will improve the cleanliness of bath, shower and emergency switch locations. This change will result in a safer environment for patients and staff. Many facilities have asked for this option, and some are even making these cords a requirement.
Other features and benefits of TekTone’s TPU plastic cords include:
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Outstanding all-temperature performance
- Excellent mechanical properties, combined with a rubber-like elasticity
- Very good tear strength
- High elasticity
- Stain resistance
- Practical and hygienic solution that is appreciated by nurses, housekeeping staff, maintenance personnel and infection control professionals
- Designed for hospitals, clinics, long-term care facilities, retirement homes and other facilities where the prevention of cross-infection is important.
The TPU plastic pull cord is now standard with SF337C, SF340B, SF381, SF437, SF440, SF481, SF483 and SF531ES emergency switches; IR155B, IR145B, IR318B, IR345C, IR418P5 and IR445P5 pull-cord stations; and SF529ES wireless assistance stations.
Replace existing braided nylon pull cords on emergency switches and wireless assistance stations with the new TPU plastic pull cord. For more information, contact our sales staff at (800) 327-8466 option 3.