TekTone®'s newly released CA016 thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) plastic pull cords may be cleaned repeatedly and retain their original strength. By replacing old braided cords, a facility will improve the cleanliness of bath, shower and emergency switch locations. This change will result in a safer environment for patients and staff. Many facilities have asked for this option, and some are even making these cords a requirement.
Other features and benefits of TekTone®'s TPU plastic cords include:
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Outstanding all-temperature performance
- Excellent mechanical properties, combined with a rubber-like elasticity
- Very good tear strength
- High elasticity
- Stain resistance
- Practical and hygienic solution that is appreciated by nurses, housekeeping staff, maintenance personnel and infection control professionals
- Designed for hospitals, clinics, long-term care facilities, retirement homes and other facilities where the prevention of cross-infection is important.
The TPU plastic pull cord is now standard with SF337C, SF340B, SF381, SF437, SF440, SF481, SF483 and SF531ES emergency switches; IR155B, IR145B, IR318B, IR345C, IR418P5 and IR445P5 pull-cord stations; and SF529ES wireless assistance stations.
Replace existing braided nylon pull cords on emergency switches and wireless assistance stations with the new TPU plastic pull cord—order a kit of 10 for $52.00 (part #CA016K). For more information, contact our sales staff at (800) 327-8466 option 3.